A beauty addicts dream time of the year the “beauty” advent calendars have landed. Move over chocolate these babies are getting bigger than ever! Every year with many more brands jumping on board. I personally love them (of course) it’s such a fun way to count down to Christmas and a lovely way to be introduced to new beauty products.
My heart melts whenever I see the iconic Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar. The Christmas I worked in the Liberty beauty hall (2016) on launch day we had a line of customers all around the front of the store before we opened to be the first to get their hands on one! (if I remember rightly we sold out in 2 days!) fond work memories and a magical time of year to be in store.
So I’ll stop rambling now and get on with my top 6 Advent Beauty Calendar picks. Here they are in a descending numerical order with prices starting at a luxurious splurge at £195 to a cool affordable £35…
1. Liberty The original and mother of all beauty advent calendars containing over £600 worth of products. The box itself is a keeper it’s so sturdy and beautiful. The inside features the new AW18 Juno Feather Liberty print. It’s a splurge but it’s like you are buying a little piece of history as well as luxury beauty. Liberty Advent Calendar, £195, worth £600, available 24th October. (be quick it may sell out in 1 day)
2. L’Oréal Full of all your favourite mini L’Oréal products, this disco design advent calendar includes brands such as Kiehls, Lancôme, to Urban Decay and YSL. This is the ultimate mix of products for going out makeup, skincare, perfumes advent calendar. L’Oreal Luxe Advent Calendar, £130, available at Selfridges.
3. Lookfantastic This calendar is all your party season essentials in one box with everything you may need form hair, makeup and skincare to bath and body to wind down too. I spy some fantastic brands here – such good value! Lookfantastic advent calendar, £79, worth over £300.
4. Glossybox It’s Glossybox’s first ever Beauty Advent Calendar (whoop whoop) If you are already subscribed to their beauty box you know that they always deliver on fun and quality. This pretty advent calendar from Glossybox includes NARS, Real Techniques, bareMinerals, you name it, your favourite make-up brand is in this one. Oh, and it’s the only one you’ll find Huda Beauty in as it’s exclusive to them. Glossybox advent calendar, £75 (to subscribers) normally £99 and worth £300.
5. Birchbox This beauty claims to have sold out in less than 24 hours last year! As one of the pioneering beauty subscription boxes that launched in 2010 I can believe it! This little gem includes daily beauty treats with all your favourite brands such as OPI nail varnishes and Caudalie skincare. Birchbox Advent Calendar, £65.
6. M&S If you normally only step into M&S to buy your knickers and pick up your on-the-go lunch then think again – over the last few years their beauty halls have really stepped up! This is probably the most affordable but don’t be fooled into thinking it’s not as lush. It’s full to the brim of everything you could possibly need with some brilliant brands. – bravo M&S! £250 worth of products for £35 (a no brainer) you need to spend £35 on clothing,beauty or home first)
Hope you’ve enjoyed my Beauty Advent Calendar Top 6 Picks, Now all you need to do is decide which one before they all sell out.
p.s no affiliate links are included in this post or pr samples.