Oh how we all long for those long summer days and nights but what about prepping your skin so it looks it’s best when you bare all after being wrapped up in winter clothes and boots. Here are my straight talking no fuss simple tips:
1) DRINK WATER yes I know you’ve heard it a million times, water keeps your skin hydrated and also helps transport necessary nutrients keeping you healthy and energised. *if like me you find it difficult to drink lots of water you will love my tip #4
2) TAKE SUPPLEMENTS in the form of organic 100% natural healthy powders. Life is busy and sometimes we aren’t eating a balanced diet, I know I don’t most of the time. These powders such as baobab, morninga and spirulina can be added to prorridge, yoghurt and smoothies. I’ve started taking a baobab powder and I instantly feel energised and don’t have a mid morning slump anymore!
3) REVAMP your make-up bag. Start with a big de-clutter, take out any impulse buys you aren’t using and keep your staples. Add a few summer essentials such as a new lip shade and a bronzer.
4) WATERMELON if you find it difficult to drink plenty of water like I do try snaking on watermelon in the summer months to up your water intake.
5) GET SCRUBBING wake up your skin with a salt scrub to soften skin and rid of dry patches such as elbows, knees and feet. When the sun is out and so are you limbs your skin will look healthy and glowy.
6) TREAT YOUR FEET do a DIY treatment before bed. Remove thickened skin with a foot file, apply a rich foot cream or dry oil, cover in a plastic wrap then put cotton socks on. In the morning you will have baby soft feet ready to paint your toenails. Continue this at least once a week if you can for happy sandal worthy feet!
So that’s it folks! my 6 easy beauty tips getting your skin summer ready. What do you do to prepare for summer or a beach holiday?